The Jingle Jam 10K benefiting SafeHomes, Inc. promotes healthy lifestyles through fitness and furthers the mission of SafeHomes, Inc.
Now in its seventh year, the Jingle Jam 10K is a fun-filled, Christmas-themed road race featuring entertainment, choirs, Santa Claus, and a costume contest! Runners get jingle bells to lace into their shoes so they can “jingle all the way” to the finish line! Chip timers as well as a timing system to accurately process and record start and finish times.
The Jingle Jam 10K was chosen as the 2016 Best Fundraising Event by reader’s of Augusta Magazine.
- Goldei, Race Director
- She is THE face behind JJ10K. She is a DV survivor, who 7 years ago decided to bring awareness to #domesticviolence through one of her biggest passions: running. She is a fitness instructor, an Evans Fitness Club gym manager, wife, and mother of 6 (although we think she might have lost count) who somehow still manages to put on the BEST FUNDRAISING EVENT in town. She can’t do it all without her Board of Directors, but she is the one who reminds us every day why we do what we do and pushes us to put on a better race than before.
- Carrie, Secretary/Treasurer
- When she’s not busy wrangling her 3 kids (4 counting her husband Ben), running brings a sense of accomplishment like no other exercise (plus she enjoys baking and eating cake, so run she must). Trail running is her favorite though! Carrie has been part of Jingle Jam 10K since it’s first race in 2011; being part of our Board of Directors has been a place for her to bring her love for running together with her desire to advocate for #domesticviolence awareness. She enjoys seeing Augusta’s awesome running community come together each year around the Christmas holiday season to support SafeHomes Domestic Violence Center and its mission.
- Beth, Volunteers Director
- She is an Augusta native who works in the engineering department for Textron Specialized Vehicles; she is a loving mother, Prince addict and travel enthusiast who loves to visit NYC over any other place. Her secret/hidden talent is event planning and it is exactly why she is the lead and captain of all our volunteers. She has been coordinating all JJ10K entertainment, packet pickup expo & race day helpers since 2014 and has our race operations down to science. Without her passion to support our cause, we’re be a little lost, literally.
- Hilary, Assistant Volunteers Director
- She’s an AU graduate with a passion for health care, avid sports fan, traveling enthusiast & adventure taker. The only marathons she’s ever done are Netlfix marathons…She may not be an avid runner but she’s an avid JJ10K supporter and has been a member of our Board of Directors since 2013, helping out with all our entertainment and volunteers. Without her passion to help our cause we’d have mass chaos.
- Melissa, Assistant Marketing Director
- Nicaraguan-raised social media guru; coffee snob; jewelry addict; wanderlust; outdoor and sports enthusiast. Her first 10K ever was the 2012 JJ10k; she loved our race and cause so much she decided to join our Board of Directors as our Marketing Director. She’s been the voice behind all our social media and emails since 2013. Without her, we’d have no one to spam all our supporters and runners
- Nassab, Sponsor/Creative Director
- She is Lebanese Born mom of 3, runner, baker, cook, and working as a freelance graphic designer for a few non-profits in the US and the CSRA. You might run into her at her happy place – Evans Fitness Club where she teaches Zumba, Les Mills, and Group Fitness OR you might catch her on the streets hustling our sponsors. We’d have no sponsors without her nor would we have any Jamtastic t-shirts, posters or billboards. She’s always been a JJ10k supporter; she used to run our race and now brings our ideas to life since 2015.