Please review the following general volunteer guidelines. You will receive a detailed reminder three to four days before your scheduled shift.
- Volunteers must register online in advance; walk-ups will not be accepted unless previously approved via email by Hilary, JJ10K’s Volunteer Director.
- If you need to cancel, log into your RunSignUp dashboard, select the event, and cancel.
- Volunteers cannot run and volunteer on race day. You can, however, volunteer at packet pick-up, and register to run the event on race day.
- Please arrive on time for your assignment. The time shown in your RunSignUp dashboard is your start time; there’s no need to arrive earlier, as we’ve allotted time for you to check in.
- JJ10K is not responsible for lost or stolen bags.
- Please plan to assist for your entire assignemnt. If you leave early, you may compromise the safety of runners or spectators. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please notify your captain or our Volunteer Director, Hilary.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Please do not bring your children with you unless they are registered volunteers.
When you register to volunteer with JJ10K's Elf Squad, we ask you to honor these standards of conduct:
- Conduct yourself as a friendly, responsible, informative, and respectful representative of JJ10K.
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy.
- Refrain from public criticism of participants and other volunteers.
- Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language while volunteering, including in social media postings of any kind.
- The use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are prohibited at all JJ10K events.
- Follow the directions of your team captain and JJ10K’s Volunteer Director.